The 2019 St. Luke's High School All-Star Volleyball Game, featuring some of the top players from Wisconsin vs. Minnesota, is at 6:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 13, at UW-Superior’s Mertz Mortorelli Gym.
Representing Team Wisconsin will be Superior High School setter Zoie Cole, a 5-foot-5 setter.
One of Cole’s teammates will be Maria Venne, an outside hitter from Eau Claire North. Venne is the daughter of Superior natives Greg and Erin Venne.
St. Luke's High School All-Star Volleyball Game
Team Blue (Minnesota)
1. Chloe Sams, DS/L, Hermantown
2. Megan Laws, DS/L\u0009Duluth Marshall
3. Sam Pogatchnik, OH, Proctor
4. Margo Amatuzio, S, Duluth Marshall
5. Alana Mayry, OH, Hermantown
8. Dea DeLeon, OH, Esko
9. Zoe Johnson, OH, Duluth Marshall
10. Haley Wambach, MH, Hermantown
11. Ava Grondahl, MH, Cloquet
12. Kenndey Barrett, S, Hermantown
14. Lucy Sinkkonen, MH, Cloquet
15. Katelyn Marunich, MH, Proctor
Head Coach: n/a
Team White (Wisconsin)
1. Bailey Thompson, DS/L, ECN
2. Brianna Brown, DS/L, Ashland
3. Zoie Cole, S, Superior
4. Maria Venne, OH, ECN
6. Jenna Haselwander, MH, ECN
9. Anna Hansen, MH, ECM
10. Ella Weber, OH, Rice Lake
11. Mayella Brinker, OH, Ashland
12. Elizabeth Collinson, S, Hudson
13. Olivia Laube, S, ECN
14. Shay Wassman, MH, Hudson
15. Maddy Cabe, OH, Ashland
Head Coach: Kendra Pagel, ECN
Dawn Ferfon has been named the Spartans’ head gymnastics coach.
Ferfon, a former Spartan gymnast, has five years coaching experience and is employed at the Superior Middle School.
The gymnastics started on Monday, Nov. 11, at the Twin Ports Gymnastics Center.
The season came to an end for the Spartans with a seventh-place finish in the WIAA Division 1 sectional this past weekend at Hudson.
Highlighting the meet for Superior was Maddy Casey setting a new SHS record in the 100-yard backstroke with a time of 1:01.59.
Eau Claire Memorial’s Kate Augustyn won the event in 57.32 seconds.
The host Raiders finished in first place with 359 points. Superior finished with 129 points.