When, where and how to vote Tuesday in Douglas County

One polling location moves in Superior because of pandemic
An election official wipes down the spot where a voter had been sitting at the Government Center in Superior Tuesday morning, April 7. (Jed Carlson /

Voters head to the polls Tuesday, April 7 to cast their ballot in the 2020 spring primary and presidential primary in Wisconsin.

But municipal clerks won’t be tallying the results Tuesday night after a federal judge extended deadlines for requesting and returning absentee ballots as Wisconsin remains under a Safer at Home order in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Election results will be tallied once the 4 p.m. April 13 deadline for ballot returns passes.

RELATED: Douglas County Spring 2020 Election preview

In Douglas County, 6,525 absentee ballots were requested by the deadline that passed Friday, April 3, according to the Wisconsin Elections Commission.


Voters can still cast their ballots in-person or curbside Tuesday in Douglas County. One polling location was moved in Superior from the Salvation Army to the Government Center because of the pandemic.

Where and when to vote

Polls open at 7 a.m. and remain open until 8 p.m., and new voters can register at the polls with proof of residency.


Village residents cast their votes in their community: Lake Nebagamon Auditorium, Solon Springs Community Center and village halls in Oliver, Poplar and Superior.


Polling locations are at town halls in most rural communities except in Maple. Ballots are cast at the Community Center, 11037 E. U.S. Highway 2, Maple.

City of Superior

  • 1st and 3rd districts — Central Assembly of God Church, 3000 Hammond Ave.
  • 2nd and 4th districts — Zion Lutheran Church, 2022 E. Second St.
  • 6th and 10th districts — Government Center atrium, 1316 N. 14th St.
  • 5th and 7th districts — Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College Convention Center, 600 N. 21st St.
  • 8th and 9th districts — Billings Park Civic Center, 3909 N. 18th St.

If you're not sure where to vote, go to or call your municipal clerk.

Don't forget your photo ID, such as a Wisconsin driver's license, a state-issued or military ID, or a passport. For a list of other acceptable forms of ID, go to .
Election worker Garner Moffat explains the process for curbside voting outside of the Government Center in Superior Wednesday morning, April 1. (Jed Carlson /

What To Read Next
Get Local