City of Superior 2010 annual cleanup schedule Below are listed the expected pickup dates, the areas and area boundaries for the city's spring cleanup. Week 1 May 3 North End N. 1st to Winter/Butler to E. 2nd May 4 Downtown Winter to Belknap/Butle...
City of Superior 2010 annual cleanup schedule
Below are listed the expected pickup dates, the areas and area boundaries for the city's spring cleanup.
May 3 North End N. 1st to Winter/Butler to E. 2nd
May 4 Downtown Winter to Belknap/Butler to Hammond
May 5 Courthouse/Post Office Area Winter to Belknap/Hammond to E. 2nd
May 6 Super One Area Belknap to N. 21st/Butler to Hammond
May 7 UWS/Hayes Ct. Belknap to N. 21st/Hammond to Hill
May 10 Tower Ave. Plaza Butler to Hammond/N. 21st to N. 28th
May 11 Northern Lights School Hammond to Hill/N. 21st to N. 28th
May 12 Benna Ford area/Homecroft Court/ South Superior N. 28th to N. 42nd/ N. 46th to city limits/ Tower to Bardon
May 13 South Superior N. 46th to city limits/ Tower to Bardon
May 14 South Superior N. 46th to city limits/ Butler Park to
May 17 Billings Park St. Louis River to Butler/Belknap to N. 21st
May 18 Billings Park St. Louis River to Butler/ N. 21st to N. 42nd
May 19 Billings Park St. Louis River to New York/N. 21st to Badger Dr.
May 20 Central Park Belknap Ext. to 14th Ave./N. 21st from Hill Ave. to E. 2nd
May 21 East End -Vogel/Bardon/Aspen N. 21st & 14th Ave. to 18th Ave. E./Hill to Bay
May 24 East End 18th Ave. to 24th Ave.(Stinson)/Hill to Bay
May 25 East End 24th to 31st Ave./E. 11th to Bay
May 26 Allouez 36th Ave. to 39th-west side of 42nd/Woodlawn to Bay
May 27 Allouez 40th Ave. to 44th/Woodlawn to Bay
May 28 Itasca 46th Ave. to city limits
Instructions: All eligible items must be available for pickup by 7 a.m. on the scheduled day. Items placed after 7 a.m. will not be picked up and will become responsibility of the resident. Items should not be placed out more than two weeks before pickup date.
Place all garbage items in area where your garbage can is picked up weekly. Place items clear of traffic and garbage can.
Place tree and brush debris separate from all other items. Where-ever possible, please place tree/brush debris on boulevard away from obstructions, cars, garbage cans, and any overhead wires.
Items not included in Spring Cleanup:
* Mattresses and box springs will not be picked up. Bring to the landfill for a charge of $8 each if dry - $9 each if wet.
* No building, construction or demolition material. This includes items such as lumber, shingles, windows, doors, sheet rock, tile, concrete, etc. Bring to Lakehead Kimmes, 392-1889, or AA Roll-Off, 394-4285.
* No brush/tree debris from clearing new construction sites. Residential
brush/tree debris accepted.
* No leaves or grass clippings. These may be brought to the Superior Landfill at no charge. Leaf pickup will be held citywide starting in November.
* No corrugated cardboard or recyclables. Place on curb for curbside recycling.
* No hazardous liquids. For proper disposal contact WLSSD at 722-0761.
* No asbestos-containing materials.
* No motor oil or car batteries. Oil can be brought to the Superior Landfill for free. Batteries are accepted by TLK or Interstate Battery.
* No tires. Tires may be brought to the Superior Landfill $2 each or $3 with rim on.
* No TVs, appliances or computers. Bring these to Balcum Appliance 724 N. Eighth, 392-4808; AA Roll-Off, 1021 Garfield, 394-4285; Recycle America, 1425 Oakes, 394-2174.
* No fluorescent bulbs. Gring to Campbell Lumber, 3107 Tower Ave., or City of Superior Environmental Services Division, 51 E First St.
City of Superior Landfill accepts loads: Monday-Friday from 8 a.m.to 3:40 p.m. and Saturday 7 a.m. to 11 a.m. Phone: 398-7222.
Questions? Call the Public Works Department at 394-0244.
The full schedule can also be viewed on the city's web site:
http://www.ci.superior.wi.us/ . Click on the department tab and scroll down to public works.