Palace Bar owner withdraws liquor license application
A previously scheduled hearing about the establishment's licenses is no longer necessary, officials said.
SUPERIOR — The Superior City Council had scheduled a public hearing for Tuesday, June 7, to consider not renewing liquor and amusement device licenses for the Palace Bar, 1108 Tower Ave.
The hearing was requested by Superior Police Chief Nicholas Alexander because of ongoing incidents involving fights, battery, disturbances, and shots fired in the bar. Since the hearing was set May 17, a Blaine, Minnesota, man was charged after he allegedly fired a gun behind the Palace Bar after he was kicked out in the early morning hours of May 26.
On June 1, Superior attorney Parrish Jones notified city officials that Palace Bar owner Brian Noel was withdrawing his Class B beer and liquor license application. The bar’s current liquor license expires June 30, and no alcohol can be served after that.
Mayor Jim Paine said with the license application withdrawn, there was no need to hold the public hearing.
“I’m glad it resolved the way that it did,” Paine said.