Christmas Lighting Challenge announces winners
Homes and businesses in Duluth, Superior, Cloquet and Hermantown participated.
DULUTH — The 2022 Christmas Lighting Challenge has announced the winners in its eighth-annual contest. The public voted for its favorites in home, business and favorite Christmas city categories.
The winners will be recognized at 3 p.m. Thursday via Facebook Live at facebook.com/christmaslightingchallenge . An award ceremony at Bentleyville was canceled due to the storm.
A list of lighting displays and an interactive map are available at christmaslightingchallenge.com .
- Home: Eric and Debra Madson, 828 Lupine Drive .
- Business: Frost River Trading Co., 1910 W. Superior St.
- Home: Joscelyn Skandel, 3114 Hughitt Ave.
- Business: Richard I. Bong Veterans Historical Center, 305 E. Second St.
- Home: Anthony Gist, 327 Freeman Road .
- Business: Lakehead Harvest Hayrides, 70 E. St Louis River Road .
- Home: Bill and Nancy Olsen, 3931 Haines Road . (Moves next year to master category because they won two consecutive years.)
- Business: No entries.
- Home: Patrick and Katy Stojevich, 202 E. McGonagle St. , Duluth.
- Business: Hanft Fride Law Office, 1219 14th St. , Cloquet.
Favorite Christmas City
Loren Inman missed having a lighting challenge just for his city, so he started his own.
For over 35 years, Debra Madson has been decorating her house and yard for the holidays.