ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

Family evacuates house fire safely in village of Superior

A home in the village of Superior sustained about $20,000 in damages during a fire early Wednesday, March 6. The Superior Fire Department was called to 6409 Banks Ave. around 2:35 a.m. on a report of smoke filling the house. The first crews arriv...

2903837+Fire 1.jpg

A home in the village of Superior sustained about $20,000 in damages during a fire early Wednesday, March 6.

The Superior Fire Department was called to 6409 Banks Ave. around 2:35 a.m. on a report of smoke filling the house.

The first crews arrived to find a family and pets were woken by the smoke alarm and had safely exited the house.

The fire department extinguished the fire after exposing the attic space. The fire is believed to have been caused by electrical wiring and is not suspicious, the fire department reported in a news release.

The family was not allowed to return to the home because of air quality.

ADVERTISEMENT

Crews cleared the scene around 4:08 a.m.

One firefighter sustained minor injuries fighting the fire.

What To Read Next