A Superior apartment fire Thursday morning displaced two residents and caused an estimated $2,500 damage. No injuries were reported.

A structure fire was reported at 1528 Ogden Ave. at 5:17 a.m., according to a release from Battalion Chief Howard Huber with the Superior Fire Department. Superior police and firefighters responded, along with Mayo Clinic Ambulance.

Fire crews discovered light smoke and smoldering insulation in the attic. They remained on the scene until 06:59 a.m. removing insulation and checking for hotspots.

The suspected cause of the fire is overheated electrical wiring.  Damage is estimated at $2,500.

Huber said the two residents of the affected apartment won’t be able to return until repairs are made. The rest of the building’s tenants should be able to return Friday.