Bayside Sounds kicks off in Superior neighborhoods
The partnership added a ninth performance to the 2021 concert series
Live music shows are back to a full season when Bayside Sounds launches its 2021 concert series in Superior parks.
The season kicks off 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, July 7, with the band South of Superior performing pop music in Webster Dream Park in South Superior.
Every summer the Superior Parks, Recreation and Forestry Department schedules eight weeks of live music shows featuring local musicians. This year, the city has partnered with the Cenovus Superior Refinery and University of Wisconsin-Superior for a bonus performance.
“This is an exciting time of year,” said Caitlin Knoll, parks program coordinator for the city. “We are looking forward to bringing this family-friendly, free event to a variety of neighborhoods in the community. We have a few new locations and bands to check out this year.”
Superior Choice Credit Union joins community partners Kwik Trip, Field & Connolly Insurance Agency, My 95.7, Enbridge and American Legion Post 435 Auxiliary to make the series possible, Knoll said.
The remainder of the line includes:
- Crescent Moon, variety, 6-8 p.m. July 14, Bear Creek Park, Itasca.
- The Fractals, surf and British invasion, 7-9 p.m. July 21, Fairlawn Mansion, 906 E. Second St.
- Mackie Brothers, variety, 6-8 p.m. July 28, Billings Park.
- John and Andy, acoustic singer/songwriter, 6-8 p.m. Aug. 4, Hammond Park.
- Woodblind, ska and reggae, 6-8 p.m. Aug. 11, Kelly Park, North End.
- Last Call, rock and country variety, 6-8 p.m. Aug. 18, Central Park.
- Whiskey Trail, country, 6-8 p.m. Aug. 25, Barker’s Island.
- G.B. Leighton, American roadhouse roots rock, 5-7 p.m. Sept. 8, University of Wisconsin-Superior.