SCHOOL DISTRICT OF SOLON SPRINGS AGENDA Regular Monthly School Board Meeting DATE: July 15, 2019 TIME: 6:00 p.
SCHOOL DISTRICT OF
Regular Monthly School
DATE: July 15, 2019
TIME: 6:00 p.m.
LOCATION: High School IMC (Library)
I. CALL THE MEETING TO ORDER AND ROLL CALL
II. REPORT ON HOW THE PUBLIC WAS NOTIFIED OF THE MEETING - Notice was published in the Superior Telegram, posted on the High School Door, the Bennett Town Hall, and the Solon Springs Post Office.
III. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Next meeting is on the third Monday, August 19, 2019 (6:00 pm)
IV. AGENDA – consider approval of posted agenda
V. MINUTES – consider approval of June 24 Minutes
VI. EXPENDITURES – consider approval of expenditures
VII. ACTIVITY FUND ACCOUNT – consider approval of Activity Fund Account report
VIII. TREASURER’S REPORT – presentation of Treasurer’s Report
IX. PUBLIC COMMENT - Each speaker must register prior to the meeting and present the registration form to the Administrator or Board President. The following conditions will be in effect as well:
•Each speaker has a 3-minute time limit to address any item not listed as part of the agenda for that meeting.
•Public Comment portion of the agenda will be limited to 20 minutes.
X. REPORTS (Discussion & Action)
A. Board President – possible report
B. Athletic Director – update on Athletic Department items including fall sports and coaching vacancies.
C. District Administrator:
1) Charter Governance Board – update on July 8 meeting, enrollments and other grant work.
2) Foundation – update on July 9 meeting
3) Board Meeting Dates – continued consideration of Regular Meeting dates for 2019-20
4) State Budget – update on approved State Budget
5) Policy Committee – First Readings of policies from June meeting.
6) Facility Committee – update on Maintenance Plan and need for meeting
7) Solar Project – update on project and State approval submission
8) Safety & Community Ed. Opportunities – setting of work group meeting date
9) WASB Workshop(s) – updates on future trainings
10) WASB – consider nominations for WASB Business Honor Roll
11) Job Postings – update on job postings and timelines for hiring
12) Substitute Wages – discuss wages for 2019-20
13) Others as Appropriate
1) Principal will be gone – possible written report only
XI. OLD BUSINESS: None
XII. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Personnel – consider motions affecting employment as needed including Grade 5 and/or Title I
B. Personnel – discussion/action on Handbook changes including mileage rates and weekly employment hours to qualify for health insurance.
C. Food Service – consider 2019-20 prices
XIII. CLOSED SESSION: None
XIV. ADJOURNMENT OF MEETING – consider motion to adjourn
S.T. July 12, 2019 #22569 wnaxlp