PROCEEDINGS OF THE REGULAR COMMON COUNCIL MEETING SUPERIOR, WISCONSIN Tuesday, May 18, 2021 The Regular Meeting of the Common Council was called to order by Mayor Jim Paine at 6:30 p.
PROCEEDINGS OF THE
REGULAR COMMON COUNCIL MEETING
Tuesday, May 18, 2021
The Regular Meeting of the Common Council was called to order by Mayor Jim Paine at 6:30 p.m. in the Government Center, Board Room 201.
1. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
2. ROLL CALL
Present: Nick Ledin, Jenny Van Sickle, Warren Bender, Jack Sweeney, Brent Fennessey, Tylor Elm, Craig Sutherland, Keith Kern, Lindsey Graskey - 9Excused: Ruth Ludwig - 1 Also Present: Mayor Paine, City Attorney Prell, City Clerk Kalan
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES May 4, 2021 - Regular Council Meeting.MOTION by Councilor Bender, seconded by Kern and carried, to approve.
4. PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLIC HEARINGS
5. CORRESPONDENCE TO BE FILED (No action)
6. MAYOR'S REPORT6.1 The Mayor's Report.6.2 Recommending approval of Jonathan Asp to the Barkers Island Review Committee for a one-year term, expiring May, 2024; Dr. Maria Stalzer Wyant Cuzzo to the Police and Fire Commission for a five-year term, expiring May, 2026; and Steve Germond to the Board of Review for a five-year term, expiring May, 2026.MOTION by Councilor Bender seconded by Sweeney and carried, to approve.
7. STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS
8. SPECIAL COMMITTEE REPORTS 8.1 Police and Fire Commission, April 14, 2021Report from the Chair.
9. OLD BUSINESS
10. NEW BUSINESS 10.1 City Clerk Kalan recommending approval of miscellaneous licenses.MOTION by Councilor Kern, seconded by Bender and carried, to approve.10.2 City Clerk Kalan recommending approval of a Class B Liquor and Class B Beer license from Allure Cabaret, LLC, Trade Name: Allure Cabaret, Agent: Anthony Bugg, 628 Tower Avenue, for the remainder of the license period.
MOTION by Councilor Bender, seconded by Kern and carried, to approve contingent upon approval from the Police Department, Fire Department and Health Department.10.3 City Clerk Kalan recommending referral of Claim #21-07 and 21-08 to the Liability Claims Committee.MOTION by Councilor Fennessey, seconded by Bender and carried, to approve.10.4 Environmental Services Director Roberts recommending approval to award the Engineering Services for Lift Station 3 Improvements project to SEH at a proposed amount of $105,400 with authorization to award construction related services at an amount estimated at $93,400.MOTION by Councilor Bender, seconded by Graskey and carried, to approve.10.5 RESOLUTION #R21-13554 Resolution to authorize Jason Serck, Economic Development, Planning and Port Director, to cause the removal of a partially sunken watercraft located within the Hughitt Avenue slip to allow cleanup and dredging by the Howards Bay Remedial Action Team as part of the Howards Bay Remedial Action Project.
MOTION by Councilor Elm, seconded by Fennessey and carried, to adopt the resolution.10.6 RESOLUTION #R21-13555 Resolution introduced by the Common Council of the City of Superior, Wisconsin, approving a three-year Harbor Development Statement of Intentions for the years 2022-2024.
MOTION by Councilor Bender, seconded by Elm and carried, to adopt the resolution.10.7 Rescind or amend R21-13550, Resolution relating to declaring a Health Emergency Response to the COVID-19 Coronavirus and mandating the use of face coverings.
MOTION by Councilor Kern, seconded by Sutherland and carried, to approve rescinding Resolution #R21-13550.
Business by Councilors
11.BUSINESS BY PUBLIC
Meeting adjourned at 6:55 p.m.
(Feb. X, 2021) WNAXLP 2889656