Indianhead Writers' "Writers Encouraging Writers" contest is accepting entries.
The group, founded in 1970, is seeking entries from all levels of writers in three categories: Fiction, Nonfiction and Poetry. There will be first- and second-place prizes of $50 each in each category, as well as six honorable mentions. The grand prize for best entry in the contest will receive $100.
The deadline for entries is Sept. 16. Entries will be returned at the close of the contest, with judges' comments included.
The entry fee is $10. Checks and money orders should be written to Indianhead Writers and mailed to Indianhead Writers, Mary B. Olsen, 314 Sixth Ave., Shell Lake, WI 54715. For more information, call 715-468-2604.
'Writers Encouraging Writers' contest rules
- Stories, articles, essays and poems must not exceed 3,500 words.
- Poetry must be a collection of several poems for one entry.
- All entries must be typed and double-spaced.
- All entries must include the category and word count.
- Note if the entry was previously published.
- Each entry must include a separate cover page with its title and the author's name, address and phone number. The title must be on every page.
- Subject matter is unrestricted, but little or no profanity is preferred.
- Copyright remains with the author.