Skip to main content
SFD pays respects to fallen firefighters killed Saturday
2 firefighters killed in interstate crash in Twin Cities
Firefighters’ driver jailed in I-35W crash that killed 2
Emergency landing at MSP airport after passenger tries to open jet door
Soldier honored with remembrance flag
Vikings QB Bridgewater injures knee during practice
Silver 1000 is Thursday at Proctor Speedway
New-look Tiger volleyball team opens 2016 season tonight
Tiger Round-up: NHS golf and cross country teams in action
Spartan Round-up: SHS soccer team splits at Chippewa Falls
We’re better together
GOP isn’t working for Wisconsin
Reject Johnson’s disgraceful antics
Boys lend a hand in the garden
Congress needs your attention
Douglas County marriage licenses
Vandenberg Thank You
Loathing can be infectious
'Dancing With the Stars' season 23 cast revealed
Gene Wilder, ‘Willy Wonka’ star and comedic icon, dies at 83
‘Good Morning America’ will launch new era with Michael Strahan, live audience
U.S. Homeland Security probes hacking of actress Leslie Jones’ website
Courtney Cox regrets 'horrible' bids to fight aging
Delores M. Hepburn
Donald "Don" Bornholdt
Mildred A. 'Mickey' Ward
Louise J. Hoyt
Vikings QB Bridgewater injures knee during practice
July 5, 2016
Northern Wisconsin fire departments consider statewide mutual aid
Some northwestern Wisconsin counties are signing on to a statewide network of mutual fire protection so they can better respond to emergenci...
July 5, 2016 - 10:55am
Donations create training opportunities
For firefighters, it wasn’t a typical vehicle extraction. Yes, they employed the usual hydraulic tools — the Jaws of Life — and saws to...
July 5, 2016 - 7:00am
June 14, 2016
Apartment fire displaces family
The Superior Fire Department responded to a middle-of-the-night fire Friday in an apartment complex at 4007 N. 21st St., according to Superior Battalion Chief Scott Gordon. All three fire crews and the battalion chief, Gold Cross and five Superior police officers were called to the...
June 14, 2016 - 7:00am
June 7, 2016
Day in a firefighter’s boots
Hearts were pounding Friday at Superior Fire Department headquarters. Eighteen community members faced claustrophobic conditions, scaled a 75-foot...
June 7, 2016 - 7:00am
April 19, 2016
Short wildfire season could still be damaging
Fire doesn’t much like cold, and it definitely doesn’t like snow, so the Minnesota and Wisconsin wildfire seasons got off to a slow start...
April 19, 2016 - 8:30am
January 27, 2016
Kitchen fire damages Superior apartment building
A kitchen mishap caused about $30,000 to an eight-unit apartment building in the 2800 block of John Avenue late Tuesday, according to a Superior Fire Department news release.
January 27, 2016 - 9:36am
January 19, 2016
Cold weather brings fire, CO danger
The 2015 holiday season was, for the most part, fire free in Douglas County. Every year, the town of Superior Volunteer Fire Department holds a "Keep the Wreath Green" campaign to increase public awareness of fire danger. A wreath of green lights is hung on the fire hall, with a red...
January 19, 2016 - 7:00am
April 17, 2015
Spring warmth elevates fire danger
Fire destroyed a town of Superior home Tuesday afternoon and burning embers from the structure sparked a half-acre wildland fire. No injuries...
April 17, 2015 - 8:05am
February 10, 2015
Solon Springs blaze damages home
Superior Telegram A Sunday blaze caused extensive damage to a single-family home in Solon Springs, but no injuries were reported. The fire at 10134 S. Sjoberg Road was reported around 12:30 p.m. by a resident of the home. She and the family’s two dogs were out of the building...
February 10, 2015 - 7:00am
December 1, 2014
Attic fire causes $35,000 in damage
A house fire in the 1200 block of Harrison Street caused an estimated $35,000 in damage, according to the Superior Fire Department.
December 1, 2014 - 8:40am
November 28, 2014
Town of Superior man dies in house fire
One person died in a house fire that broke out early on Thanksgiving morning in the Town of Superior.
November 28, 2014 - 6:01pm
November 3, 2014
First Famous Dave’s restaurant destroyed in fire
HAYWARD, Wis. -- The first Famous Dave’s restaurant, built in northern Wisconsin in 1994 and the launching point for an international chain...
November 3, 2014 - 9:19pm
July 7, 2014
Arson charges dropped against former principal
DICKINSON, N.D. -- Felony arson charges against former the former Catholic high school principal accused of setting fire to the school were dropped Monday.
July 7, 2014 - 3:50pm
May 30, 2014
‘Be Somebody’ to help your community
The 2014 “Be Somebody-Fire/EMS Recruiting Campaign” kicks off at noon Saturday. The campaign is designed to increase public awareness that emergency response in rural areas generally is provided by volunteers and most small town fire and emergency medical service departments...
May 30, 2014 - 7:00am
December 27, 2013
Superior man faces prison for arson
Superior Telegram A Superior man will spend six years in prison for setting fire to a Superior residence with a Molotov cocktail on Good Friday. Michael Garner Thompson, 27, pleaded guilty in Douglas County Circuit Court in October to arson. Last week, he was sentenced to six...
December 27, 2013 - 8:02am