It looks like winter has arrived and is here to stay for a while.
The snow captures the activities of the animals living nearby and those that are just passing through. Their tracks and trails in the new snow tell an interesting story of their daily lives. Go outside and take a look. You might be surprised at who your neighbors are.
After Hours Trails
With the snow we got over the past couple of days, the cross-country ski trails are being groomed. Conditions are fair to good. We have about a two-inch base but there is still some grass sticking through the snow in some spots.
Trail conditions are kept up to date on skinnyski.com.
The 2018 state park vehicle stickers and trail passes make great gifts.
Stickers and passes are available at the Brule DNR Headquarters Office. The sticker and pass prices are as follows:
• Resident annual vehicle sticker, $28
• Senior (65+) resident annual vehicle sticker, $13
• Reduced rate resident annual vehicle sticker, $15
• Nonresident annual vehicle sticker, $38
• Reduced rate nonresident annual vehicle sticker, $20.50
• Annual trail pass, $25