Free coffee for cyclists on Friday
Forum News Service
Free coffee and breakfast snacks are being offered for people who ride their bicycles to work on Friday, according to an announcement from the Zeitgeist Center for Arts and Community and the Duluth-Superior Metropolitan Interstate Council.
Friday is National Bike to Work Day.
The bicycle commuter stations will be open from 6 to 8 a.m. at six locations:
- 28th Street and Hammond Avenue in Superior, sponsored by the metropolitan interstate council
- Minnesota Power Plaza (Lake Avenue and Superior Street), sponsored by Duluth Coffee Company and the metropolitan interstate council
- West Superior Street and 20th Avenue West, sponsored by Bent Paddle
- Central Entrance and Arlington Avenue, sponsored by Kwik Trip and Dunkin Donuts
- East Eighth Street and 19th Avenue East, sponsored by Sara’s Table Chester Creek Cafe
- East Superior Street and 40th Avenue East, sponsored by Amity Coffee
The Duluth Transit Authority is offering free rides to passengers with bicycles on Friday to show how the DTA can make bicycle to work more feasible for more people.