Fire destroys town of Superior home
Fire destroyed a home at 3261 E. Station Road in the town of Superior Friday night, but no injuries were reported.
The fire was reported at 8:30 p.m., according to a Douglas County Sheriff’s Department report. Volunteer firefighters from the town of Superior responded, along with mutual aid from the Parkland and Summit fire departments. According to a Facebook post from the Town of Superior Volunteer Fire Department, the residents were placed in a hotel for the night.
The homeowner was home alone and outside in a shed when the power went out, according to the sheriff’s report. He went outside to investigate and saw smoke coming from the bathroom window. He also told deputies that the wires on the electrical pole adjacent to the driveway were sparking. He opened the back door of the home but was unable to enter due to the smoke.
The homeowner did not have his cell phone with him, so he ran down the road to a neighbor’s and called 911. No cause or damage estimate was listed in the report.