Superior man charged with teen sex assault
A Superior man who allegedly sexually assaulted two teens was released from the Douglas County Jail last week on a $10,000 cash bond.
David Anthony Deluca, 24, faces two felony counts of second-degree sexual assault use of force, two counts of sex with a child age 16 or older, child abuse and causing a child between the ages of 13-18 to view sexual activity. He was released on the cash bond May 10 and ordered to have no contact with the reported victims and no intentional contact with minors.
Deluca waived the time limits for a preliminary hearing in Douglas County Circuit Court, which has been set for June 14.
According to the criminal complaint:
Deluca assaulted two 16-year-olds in his apartment on North 17th Street, one in December and another in February. Both teens repeatedly told Deluca "no" and told him to stop, but he forced them to have sex.
Both assaults happened in Deluca's bedroom. During the December encounter, he invited the teen into his room to see a baby who was sleeping there, and assaulted her. During the February incident, the victim and another person were sitting on Deluca's bed with him when he started taking off the victim's clothes and held her down. The other person left the room.
Deluca told Detective Michelle Lear that if someone agrees to come into his bedroom it "is a sexual thing" because "why else would they agree" to go into his bedroom.
He said he "sadly" assumed one of the girls was 18, but the victim told Lear that Deluca was aware she was 16.
The sex assault charges carry a maximum penalty of 40 years imprisonment and a fine of up to $100,000. The physical abuse of a child and causing a child to view sexual activity charges each carry a maximum penalty of six years of imprisonment and a fine of up to $10,000. The two misdemeanor sexual intercourse with a child charges carry a maximum penalty of nine months of imprisonment and a fine of up to $10,000.