Superior apartment fire causes $5,000 damageCareless use of smoking materials appears to be the cause of an early morning apartment fire in Superior that did about $5,000 damage; no injuries were reported.
By: Superior Telegram, Superior Telegram
Careless use of smoking materials appears to be the cause of an early morning apartment fire in Superior that did about $5,000 damage; no injuries were reported.
The Superior Fire Department responded with three engine companies and one command car to report of a structure fire today at 2:49 a.m. at C-3 Aspen Court. First arriving companies reported smoke in the apartment and flames at the exterior of the rear door, according to a news release from Battalion Chief Vern Johnson of the Superior Fire Department. The fire was quickly knocked down. Crews removed a section of the kitchen floor, gaining access to the crawl space where they extinguished the remainder of the fire. The initial damage estimate is $5,000, according to Johnson. The cause of the fire appears to be careless use of smoking materials. The tenants were temporarily displaced and are being assisted by the American Red Cross. There were no reported injuries. Companies cleared the scene at 3:51 a.m.