Superior Perkins open for business after morning roof firePerkins Restaurant in Superior closed briefly this morning while firefighters battled a roof blaze at the business.
Perkins Restaurant in Superior closed briefly this morning while firefighters battled a roof blaze at the business. No injuries were reported.
At 4:57 a.m. this morning, crews were dispatched to a structure fire at Perkins Restaurant, 103 E 2nd St., according to a release from Battalion Chief Vern Johnson with the Superior Fire Department. Employees smelled smoke and discovered a fire on the roof. Crews were on scene at 5 a.m. reporting a small fire on the roof. The fire was extinguished in short order, Johnson said. Crews dismantled a portion of the eaves and soffit in the location of the fire, finding no fire extension to the interior of the building. The cause of the fire appears to be a malfunction in the exterior neon lighting system. Crews cleared the scene at 5:45 a.m. After a short delay to temporarily cover the damaged area, Perkins was open for business by about 7 a.m. The initial damage estimate is $10,000.