Biden lets a few zingers flyVice President Joe Biden is well known for throwing a “zinger” every now and then and things were no different during his speech Friday at the Superior Middle School.
By: Ken Olson, Superior Telegram
Vice President Joe Biden is well known for throwing a “zinger” every now and then and things were no different during his speech Friday at the Superior Middle School.
A few of Biden’s classic lines from Friday include:
• “You can’t outrun your shadow if the sun is shining. You can’t get away from it; it catches up to you.”
• “When it came to the debate on foreign policy, I’ll tell you what. I didn’t know if Gov. Romney was going to endorse Barack or debate him.”
• “When Congressman Ryan was asked, ‘Will you commit to end it (the Afghanistan war) in 2014?’ he said the same thing that Gov. Romney said when he was asked. He used their favorite phrase: It depends. With these guys it depends on the weather. It depends on the state. It depends on the poll. It depends on the time of day. It always just depends. You never know what they’re going to stand for.”
• “Beware of the converted.”
• Romney’s “Not a bad guy, he’s just in a different place.”
• “There are no old women here today, just older women.”
• “My mom used to say, ‘Joey, the measure of character is not what you do when people are looking, it’s what you do when no one’s looking.”
Joe Biden, in Colorado on Saturday, worked in a new dig at Romney tied to this weekend’s shift back to standard time: “It’s Mitt Romney’s favorite time of year, because he gets to turn the clock back. He wants to turn that clock back so desperately. This time he can really do it.”