University Recital Series set for 2012-2013The University Recital Series at the University of Wisconsin-Superior opens its 2012-2013 season with violinist Erin Aldridge and includes performances by the popular trio Trillium and noted organist Rick Erickson
The University Recital Series at the University of Wisconsin-Superior opens its 2012-2013 season with violinist Erin Aldridge and includes performances by the popular trio Trillium and noted organist Rick Erickson.
Presented by UWS’ Department of Music, the University Recital Series features a variety of talented soloists and small ensembles.
All performances begin at 7:30 p.m.
University Recital Series memberships are now on sale for $50. For information, or to purchase a membership, call (715) 394-8115 between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. weekdays.
Tickets for individual performances are available at the door for $12 for adults and $10 for students and seniors.
University Recital Series 2012-2013 includes:
• Associate Professor Erin Aldridge performing Bach sonatas and partitas on violin Sept. 18 in Webb Recital Hall in Holden Fine and Applied Arts Center, 1805 Catlin Ave. Aldridge is concertmaster of the Duluth-Superior Symphony Orchestra.
• Superior native and UWS alumnus Rick Erickson, cantor at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in New York, performs works for organ Oct. 16 and Oct. 17 in Webb Recital Hall. Ticket-holders should call the music department to reserve tickets for the performance they prefer to attend.
• The piano trio Trillium features pianist Beth Gilbert, violinist Erin Aldridge and cellist Josh Aerie performing works of Scandinavian composers Nov. 13 at Pilgrim Lutheran Church, 820 Belknap St., Superior.
• Greg Kehl Moore, director of jazz studies at UW-Superior, performs a tribute to Broadway on saxophone, featuring vocalist Tanya Moore, on Jan. 29 in Webb Recital Hall.
• Vicki Fingalson, soprano, and Jeffrey Madison, baritone, create a memorable evening of music Feb. 26 in Webb Recital Hall. UWS Professor Beth Gilbert accompanies them.
• UWS faculty musicians Melanie Sever, flute, and Josh Aerie, cello, perform with noted pianist and UWS alumnus Alex Sandor on April 2 in Webb Recital Hall.