LETTER: Wahner’s record says re-electionTo the Telegram: Gayle Wahner’s record as Douglas County register of deeds speaks loudly in support of her re-election on Aug. 14.
To the Telegram:
Gayle Wahner’s record as Douglas County register of deeds speaks loudly in support of her re-election on Aug. 14.
Over the past six years, employing innovative personnel practices and state of the art technology, Wahner has increased her office’s services to the taxpayers at no increase in its annual budget. Going forward, her vision for the Register of Deeds Office is to continue to research and upgrade technology and software with the goal of improving the efficiency of records management and enhancing fiscal management.
Wahner’s re-election is supported also by her educational preparation and her previous employment record. She is a graduate of UWS and holds a doctorate in administration from Kennedy-Western University. Further, she has had 20 years of other management experience and is certified in office management.
Her extensive record of community involvement also lends support to her continuity in office. Among these are:
• Member of the Douglas County Democratic Committee, serving as its treasurer for many years.
• Member of the Metro/HFCU Credit Union board and Wisconsin Credit Union League’s government affairs committee.
• Member of the UWS Alumni board.
• Past member and chair of the North County Independent Living board
• Member of the Wisconsin Register of Deeds Association and serves on its legislative committee.
• County ambassador to the Wisconsin Counties Association.
In summary, Gayle Wahner has served the citizens of Douglas County in an outstanding manner. It is now up to us to re-elect her as our register of deeds.