Superior’s Rob Kraft has qualified for the 111th Wisconsin State Amateur Championships at Strawberry Creek in Kenosha July 16-19.
Kraft finished second in the District tournament recently at the Luck Golf Course. Charlie Danielson of Osceola finished first with a 76. Kraft finished tied for second with Green Bay’s Casey Harrill.
Other local golfers competing were Superior’s Steve Barschdorf, who finished 18th with an 83; Lake Nebagamon’s Gabe Dinkle, a member of the Northwestern High School golf team, was 20th at 85; and Solon Springs’ Mason Park tied for 24th with an 89.
Kraft will be a sophomore this fall at Minnesota State Mankato.
1. Charlie Danielson, Osceola, New Richmond Golf Club, *41-35-76 +5
2. Rob Kraft, Superior, Nemadji Golf Course, *38-39-77 +6
2. Casey Harrill, Green Bay, Woods Golf Club, The, *40-37-77 +6
4. Chris Olson, Cameron, Butternut Hills Country Club, *39-39-78 +7
4. Jake Nelson, Ladysmith, Hayward Golf Club, *41-37-78 +7
4. Matt Kamish, Centuria, Luck Golf Course, *36-42-78 +7
4. Scott Semingson, Eleva, Osseo Golf & Recreation Center, *35-43-78 +7
Alternated – In order
8. Duaine Olson, Luck, Luck Golf Course, *43-36-79 +8
8. Luke Burbach, Hudson, Troy Burne Golf Club, *40-39-79 +8