TOWN OF MEDINA, Wis. (AP) — Dane County sheriff's officials say two young children are hospitalized after swallowing gasoline.
Deputies were called to the Town of Medina Sunday night where the 3-year-old girl and 4-year-old boy had ingested gasoline. Authorities say the siblings climbed into a neighbor's car, which had a gas can in the back.
Sheriff's Sgt. Tim Elve tells WISC-TV that when family members noticed the children were missing, they began frantically searching and called 911.
One child was rushed to the hospital by air and the other by ambulance. Authorities did not release the conditions of the children.
Information from: WISC-TV, http://www.channel3000.com