Senior Connections hosts variety of eventsSenior Connections, 1805 N. 16th Street, has upcoming events that you won’t want to miss.
Senior Connections, 1805 N. 16th Street, has upcoming events that you won’t want to miss.
Learn more about the programs the organization offers and enjoy food, fellowship, and fun. Call (715) 394-3611 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday for information about available resources. Otherwise, attend one or more of the following sessions.
• Caregiver Conversations run 1-2 p.m. April 18 at the Superior Public Library. These sessions provide information and support for those caring for family members, neighbors, and friends.
• Senior Connections hosts a Spring Fling 2-4 p.m. April 24 at the Superior-Douglas County Senior Center, 1527 Tower Ave., Superior. You must be 60 or older to attend. Seating is limited and you must register in advance for this free event.
• Senior Connections offices will be closed for the Memorial Day Holiday.
• In June our “Begin to End Senior Hunger” campaign will sponsor a fund raising event. More information will be available as the plans are finalized. Also, watch for information on our “No Dig Vegetable Garden” event.
• This year the annual Senior Picnic will be held Aug. 1. This is a great event and enjoyed by seniors each and every year. Tickets will go on sale for this in July.
Shortly we should receive information on when we will receive Senior Farmers Market vouchers for distribution.
Once we receive this information we will set up a date and time to distribute the vouchers. Eligibility qualifications will be based on your income.
Watch the papers for more news. We hope that you will be able to attend one, or all of our events.