The Superior Fire Department is asking for the public’s help to solve an arson fire that destroyed the interior of a camper-trailer Friday night.
“We can now confirm that the trailer was broken into prior to the fire starting,” said Battalion Chief Scott Gordon on Monday. The trailer was not being lived in at the time of the fire. It was not hooked up to water, power or a battery when the blaze started, Gordon said. A Superior Police Department report indicated there were no fuel tanks on the camper.
At 9:48 p.m. Friday, firefighters were called to 1109 22nd Ave. E., where they found the camper-trailer ablaze. The large trailer was destroyed by the fire, and the loss was estimated at $10,000 for the camper and $2,000 for its contents.
A neighbor reported seeing two individuals running from the scene. Anyone with information is asked to call the Superior Fire Department at (715) 394-0227.