BROOKLYN PARK, Minn. (AP) — Brooklyn Park authorities say a residential garage fire killed one dog this week and seriously burned another.
Deputy fire chief Todd Seitz says the blaze was caused by a heat lamp. He says it was too close to either the wooden kennel or its wood-chip bedding.
He says the fire Wednesday night spread from the kennel to the attached garage. He says it was put out before it reached the house.
One chocolate Labrador retriever died. The other had severe burns on its face.
Seitz tells the Minneapolis Star Tribune that a person in the home was taken to a medical center but didn't require hospitalization.