GREEN BAY (AP) — Green Bay fire officials say a 3-year-old boy playing with matches or a lighter caused a house fire.
Green Bay Fire Department battalion chief Ed Jarosz say crews found heavy white smoke pouring from a bedroom window at about 12:40 p.m. Tuesday.
It caused about $45,000 damage the 1½-story house. According to Brown County land records, the property was valued at $91,000.
Capt. Chris Heil tells the Green Bay Press-Gazette that an official with Juvenile Fire Setters Program will meet with the boy and teach him about fire dangers.
Information from: Green Bay Press-Gazette, http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com