SNOWMOBILE RACING: Duluth National weighs options
AMSOIL Duluth National Snocross officials maintain hope that the 18th annual running of the event can go on as planned Thanksgiving weekend but have looked at other options with unseasonably high temperatures across the region.
Visit Duluth, Spirit Mountain and the race’s sanctioning body, the International Series of Champions, will monitor weather forecasts through Sunday and will make a decision Monday morning whether the race will be postponed.
Visit Duluth president Terry Mattson said that if the event is rescheduled, it will be held Dec. 11-13, as Dec. 4-6 was ruled out because of scheduling conflicts.
“This will give everyone enough time to react,” Mattson said in an e-mail. “If we can’t do it on Thanksgiving, it makes the most sense pushing it back two weeks.”