Local housing expo has something for everyoneWhether you’re looking for a home, buying one or own one already, there is something for everyone at the Community Housing Expo, sponsored by Catholic Charities Bureau, Inc.
Whether you’re looking for a home, buying one or own one already, there is something for everyone at the Community Housing Expo, sponsored by Catholic Charities Bureau, Inc.
The annual event runs 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at Mariner Mall, Superior.
New home buyers can gather information. Talk to local lenders and realtors about your housing needs. Learn tips for selling your home. Renter and landlord information is available. Or just pick up an application for public housing.
In addition, you can warm your home with a pet. The Animal Rescue Federation (ARF) plans to have a selection of pets available for adoption. Baked goods are also for sale to help raise money for ARF pet care.
Sandra Al-Qudah, director of the expo’s host program, announced free mini-seminars:
• 10 a.m. with The Home Buying Process: Accessing Down Payment Assistance, Working With A Realtor, Making an Offer, Home Ownership.
• 11 a.m. Marketing Your Home: Best Marketing Tips and Advice for a Successful Home Sale.
• noon Lead Paint and Lead Toys – Protecting Your Household.
• 1 p.m. Fair Housing: It’s Your Right When You Rent.
• 2 p.m. Credit Q & A: Using Your Credit Wisely.
All expo activities are free to the public.
At 11 a.m. come join hands with other caring people and represent one of hundreds of homeless people in Superior/Douglas County during “Homeless Hands Around Superior.”
Free door prizes are available by visiting many of the exhibitor displays.
If you require an interpreter or have other special needs to attend this event or want additional information, call Sandy at 394-6617.