7 Tips for Good HairShiny, lustrous and thick hair is desired by so many women.
Shiny, lustrous and thick hair is desired by so many women. Far too often this isn’t the type of hair DNA has dealt. But you can use the wide array of products and hair care tips available to achieve the best
head of hair you can put forward.
1. Change your diet: A protein-rich diet will help grow stronger hair. Look for high protein foods such as liver, other organ meats, legumes, and also foods rich in B vitamins. Also, iron, calcium and silica help to prevent hair loss. Silica is found in the outer coverings of potatoes,
green and red peppers, and cucumbers. 2. Water temperature: Depending on your hair type you will wash your hair daily, every other day, or even less
frequently. Oily hair may need to be washed more frequently. Generally, every other day is the average. When washing, it's recommended that you use warm water. Water that is too hot can damage the hair.
3. Washing technique: Use the pads of your fingers and not your nails to scrub your scalp. Be sure to rinse all of the shampoo out of your hair, otherwise residue can make locks limp and dull. Choose simple shampoos that do little more than clean the oil from your hair. Complicated
formulas may be more expensive and do little help for your hair. Also, use conditioner sparingly. Globbing it on actually can have the reverse effect on your hair – making it drier and less manageable. When using conditioner, only apply it from the height of your ears down. Avoid rubbing
conditioner into the scalp.
4. Protect your hair: Just as you would use sunblock on your skin, you should use it on your hair and scalp to prevent against sun damage. Use a hat to cover up when your head will be exposed to strong sunlight. When going swimming in a pool or at the beach, consider combing a conditioner through your hair prior to add a layer of protection against the salt or chlorine.
5. Processing: Treatments that chemically alter your hair, such as coloring, perming and straightening, should be used sparingly, and rarely at the same time. Otherwise you can damage the hair. Consult with an experienced stylist as to what you can do with your hair and what should be
6. Comb and brush with caution: It’s not necessary to comb or brush your hair to the point of tears. Excessively tugging on the hair can cause it to weaken and break. Only brush dry hair. Use a wide-toothed comb on wet hair to detangle. And always handle the hair gently.
7. Get regular haircuts: Split ends can quickly ruin your hairstyle. Even if you are growing out your hair, it is important to go for regular trimming to maintain your shape. Haircuts enable you to style your hair more easily, use less product and fewer appliances to create your look.