How to Give a Guy a Makeover
Men are not always born with the same fashion gene that women have. The well-dressed men you see on the streets and on television often have professional help or are models. Give your average guy a makeover and turn him from lovably sloppy to runway ready.
1. Ask for permission. Unless he comes to you for advice, you need
to ask your guy if you can give him a makeover before you start. Some guys get offended or become standoffish if they feel as though you are trying to change them.
2. Get his hair cut. No matter what his age, every guy needs to have a hairstyle that doesn't involve an electric razor or child's buzzcut. Tell the stylist what your man's grooming habits are so he doesn't end up with a style he can't manage on his own.
3. Have him try on different looks. Even if he doesn't look like the argyle sweater type, have him try one on just to make sure. Some trendy looks could surprise you once he has them on.
4. Keep it simple. Don't try to get your guy to wear metallic shirts or fringe if it isn't his style. Most guys are fine with simplicity and versatility.
5. Ease into it. If you can get only one hour of clothes shopping out of him, take him to a game store or an action movie and wait for another opportunity.
6. Discern his size. Have him try on different sizes of shirts and pants to get the skinny on his real size. Most guys tell you they are an extra large even if they are actually a medium. Then you can find things on your own to add to his wardrobe.