Sections

Weather Forecast

Close

One killed in fall at new Vikings stadium

Advertisement

Fire displaces family of four on Christmas Eve

Email Sign up for Breaking News Alerts
News Superior,Wisconsin 54880 http://www.superiortelegram.com/sites/all/themes/superiortelegram_theme/images/social_default_image.png
Superior Telegram
(715) 395-5002 customer support
Fire displaces family of four on Christmas Eve
Superior Wisconsin 1226 Ogden Ave. Ste. 1 54880

Fire caused about $15,000 in damage and displaced a family of four temporarily early this morning

According to the Superior Fire Department, the fire at 1714 Lackawanna Ave. was contained to an exterior wall and attic area above a kitchen addition. The family was able to exit the home and no injuries were reported.

Advertisement
Advertisement

The cause of the fire was overheated electrical wiring from space heaters used while waiting for parts for a failed heating system.

The family was headed to a grandparent’s home, and the Salvation Army in Superior was contacts.

The fire occurred at 7:16 a.m. Three engine companies responded and cleared the scene shortly before 9 a.m.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement