City lends hand with fall cleanup
The city of Superior is helping with the cleanup before the snow starts to fall.
Two free landfill days are scheduled for 8 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Oct. 20 and Oct. 27.
Not all items can be disposed of in the landfill, so check the city's landfill webpage. Consider donating usable items before disposing of them in the landfill.
The city starts collecting bagged leaves Nov. 1 starting in the midtown area:
• Leaves must be bagged and tied.
• Place bags on the alley or street where usual garbage collection occurs, clear of traffic and garbage cans.
• Leaf bags are to be free of other debris such as wood, paper, garbage and plastic. Bags containing other debris will not be picked up and disposal will be the responsibility of the residents.
• Brush and grass clippings will not be picked up. These can be brought to the landfill. Grass clippings are always free, and brush is $8 per car, truck or trailer load. Car or truck with trailer full is $16.
• Leaves can be brought to the Superior Municipal Landfill on Moccasin Mike Road for free, year-round.
Landfill hours are 8 a.m. to 3:40 p.m. Monday through Friday and 7-11 a.m. Saturday.
Bags containing items other than leaves will be charged the usual landfill rates.
Call the landfill at 715-398-7222 or visit ci.superior.wi.us/landfill.